Prawns Curry


iSaltPepper: Prawns Curry with Chapatis


Being born in a vegetarian eating family, I know nothing about non-vegetarian food and never thought that I will ever cook it in my life. My husband introduced me to non-vegetarian food and a new world of food opened to me. I liked it, so I started to cook it.

Today I am going to share with you a recipe of Prawns curry. There are many different ways in which prawns or any type of fish are cooked in India. But among all other Indian curries and their recipes I know and have tasted, this prawns curry is the easiest recipe to do and is my most favorite.  Let's see how to make it!

Ingredients

  1. Raw prawns (fresh or frozen)
  2. Garlic - 6 or 7 cloves
  3. Grated coconut - 1/2 cup (If it is frozen heat in the microwave for 1 min). 
  4. Kokum - 3 pieces or Tamarind - 1.5-inch piece or Lemon - 1/2
  5. Coriander  - Finely chopped, 1/2 cup
  6. Green chilies - 2
  7. Chili powder - 3 Teaspoons
  8. Salt
  9. Garam Masala - 1 Teaspoon  (optional)
  10. Turmeric powder - 1 Teaspoon (optional)
  11. Oil - 3 Tablespoon
  12. Water - 2 cups
iSaltPepper - Prawns Curry Preparation


iSaltPepper - Mixed ingredients before boiling

Procedure

  1.  Peel and wash prawns and marinate with little chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder. Keep aside.
  2. Cut garlic into small pieces.  Make a fine paste of garlic, coriander, green chilies, and coconut.
  3. In a pan, take above paste made in step 2, prawns, and kokum. Add chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder. Also, add 2-3 pieces of kokum. If you don't have kokum, you can use tamarind or lemon juice. Add oil and water.  Mix everything stirring lightly.
  4. Keep on medium flame/power and let it boil for 8-10 mins.  Switch off the gas.
  5. Prawns curry is ready. Serve it hot with Rotis/chapatis and rice.
















No comments:

Post a Comment